2.04.2013

2013

Well, it's 2013 and now February... but who's counting?!  We really enjoyed our January and have finally had a chance to relax!!  Josh and I almost don't know what to do with ourselves on the weekends because, for the first time in a long time, we have some time!  The kids have done well together and have been taking naps at the same time lately.  It has been nice to sit back and not have to clean the house to show it or work on new house things.  Even though we are now 1 month in to 2013, I thought I would share my resolutions to finally write them down and hopefully start working on them!!

1.  I am finding myself so run down with no energy!  It's sad but I usually do fine during the day and just crash when Josh comes home.  I really wanted to start working out to increase my energy!  I thought about joining a gym and then Josh encouraged me to do P90X with him.  I was really hesitant, but decided to give it a try.  Josh is very patient and a great person to push me.  So far, we are starting week 5 and I've actually been able to somewhat keep up.  I've skipped days here and there and can't really say that I've lost weight, but I have been able to stay up past 10!  :)  HUGE improvement!  I really do hope to make it through the whole 90 days and hopefully, at some point, realize that I like working out?

2.  I really need to teach Caroline and Cooper how to clean up after themselves.  I spend all of my nap time and night time cleaning just because it is easier.  This is something I want to work on and can't quite say I've been doing well with, but hope to really try!
3.  Limit our TV time!  While we showed the house, we had to do anything to keep the kids occupied.  TV worked so well to entertain them while I cleaned the house and we kind of fell into a routine.  Now they think the only thing we do while home is watch TV!  This has got to change!  I'm hoping with more energy and more time to devote to them, we can find new normals!  It's been hard being in a new house and a new area, but we are working on it and with the beautiful weather that we have been having lately, we have no excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment